Solar Queen Technical Training Scholarship
Significant gaps exist in the participation of women and men in the renewable energy industry and in the access of women and men to technological knowledge base. There is a general and societal belief about girls/women not being technically inclined thereby narrowing female careers to specific job roles which results to lower income, low self esteem, depression, stress, lack of economic growth and much more.
The overall objectives of the solar queen technical training scholarship is to provide opportunities for women to develop skills and capacities that will allow tham reach their maximum potentials in the renewable energy industry. Specific objectives are;
- Prepare women for technical roles in the renewable energy industry such as solar installers and field engineers.
- Bridge the gender gap in the renewable energy industry by building workforce of competent women..
- Mentor women to be employment ready and to drive solutions in the industry as solar installers or entrepreneurs.
- Enable companies and organizations to access pool of trained and certified women installers that they can utilize to balance their workforce gender divide.
Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation (GWTEO) in collaboration with Ashdam Solar Academy aim of closing the gender gap in the renewable energy industry and developed the Solar Queen Scholarship Program (Previously known as Solar Mama Program)
Selected applicants will have between 50% to 100% training attendance scholarship at Ashdam Solar Academy training course program.
Accommodation and transportation is exclusive.
Solar Queen Participants
– Have optional internship program at reputable renewable energy companies for industry practice and field experience.
– Opportunity to be introduced to employers after the internship period*
For information about the training curriculum, CLICK HERE for comprehensive course overview.
Registration Ongoing for February 2022 Cohort
For enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and conditions apply
Must be a woman
Have passion for renewable energy
Motivated to contribute to universal energy access
Able to finance the remaining 50% of the course fee (N25,000)
Be able to sponsor her living expense during the 5-day training duration
14th – 26th February – Virtual Training
3rd – 5th March – Physical/Practical Training
2 weeks virtual
1 weekend / 3 days physical
Virtual: Ashdam Solar Academy LMS, Zoom or Google Meet
Physical: Ashdam Solar Academy, Plot 12, Block 53, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan, Oyo State
· 50% Course fees are covered by the scholarship (25,000)
· Travel cost to training location and accommodation not included
· Average hotel accommodation cost is N5,000 per night. While preferences may reduce or increase the hotel cost.