Green Tech Girls Summer Bootcamp
Green Tech Girls summer boot camp is a STEM camp program for girls aged 12 to 18 years school girls.
The camp empowers young girls to be green energy advocates, climate ambassadors, bold and confident to be change makers in their communities and beyond.
Goals and Objectives
The goal of the camp is to interest and inspire girls at an early age when career decisions are often formed. The camp provides an engaging, safe and fun environment for young girls to network, be inspired by role models, and motivated by hands on experiments in environmental sustainability and renewable energy. The camp takes a holistic approach on activities relevant to girls and women that will enhance their self confidence
- Introduction to Green Energy Sources
- Climate Change; its causes, impacts and solutions and advocacy
- Introduction to Basic Solar Electricity.
- Introduction to Energy Management and Energy Efficiency
- Introduction to clean cooking
- Solar Installation Tools and Safety Basics
- Solar Photovoltaic System Components
- Team Building and Entrepreneurial Classes
- Girls Menstrual Health, Hygiene and Health Talks
- Assembling of solar panels
- Building of Solar Oven
- Plastic and Bamboo Up cycling
- Animation and Robotics
- Self Defense/Taekwondo Training
- Role models panel sessions
- Evaluation and Assessment
Solar Queen Technical Training Scholarship
Do you want to be a Solar Woman Engineer/Technician or Entrepreneur? Empowered to be self reliance, certified solar PV Installer? Do you want to be a tech woman and want to excel in a male dominated industry?
Be a change maker, a solution to societal electricity problems and global climate crisis?
If you answer yes to these questions then this solar energy design installation and entrepreneurship training is for you.
Girls and Women Technological Empowerment Organisation (GWTEO) in collaboration with Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. aim of closing the gender gap in the renewable energy industry and developed the Solar Queen Scholarship Program (Previously known as Solar Mama Program)
Selected applicants will have up to 100% training attendance scholarship at Ashdam Solar Academy training course program.
Accommodation and transportation is exclusive.
Solar Queen Participants
– Have optional 4 to 6 weeks internship program at Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd. and other renewable energy companies for industry practice and field experience.
– Opportunity to be introduced to employers after the internship period*
For information about the training curriculum, visit: www.ashdamsolar.com/solar-pv-installation-and-entrepreneurship-training-curriculum
Call for application is currently closed.
For enquires contact email@example.com
*Terms and conditions apply
School Outreach and Clubs
The goal of this program is to education girls by coaching and mentoring them in a familiar environment (schools), laying a foundation for them in other to bridge the primary school to secondary school to college continuum for STEM and environment sustainability and to ultimately increase the pipeline of girls entering STEM careers.
Alumnae network and Mentorship
Past trainees and participants of GWTEO programs graduate into the GWTEO AlumnI Network. This network provides ongoing learning and mentoring opportunities. The network also allow alumna to participate in activities such as program evaluation/research, reunions ,access to dedicated member-only mailing lists and social media channels, Internship placements, volunteering at GWTEO programs.